Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summer Reading 2014: I Keep it 3 Hunna

      Of all of the books I saw on the list that I could choose from the reason that I chose In Darkness by Nick Lake was because in all the summaries I read for the books on the list I thought this book would perhaps be the least depressing. Boy oh boy was I wrong I mean every book summary was just completely sad and my friends that are reading some of the other books on the list all say the same thing. Now I cant figure out if the school is just trying to send every sophomore student at Mason High School into a deep, deep state of relentless turmoil. Or whether they are trying to show us that the world is a relentless, excuse my language, bitch that will chew you up and in the case of my book bury you in rubble in a hospital. Anyway I actually did kind of enjoy the book it was brutal and very explicit in some parts but the author needed to do that to portray his message. I couldn’t really find any personal connections to this novel except for perhaps the time that I fell off my bike and scraped my knee really bad and I kind of just laid there for a while thinking what did I do to deserve this. Was it because I didn’t do the dishes? Was it because I didn’t tie my shoes right? Or was it just the divine intervention from god himself to slow me down so that I would not cross the street a mile away and get hit by a car speeding through my neighborhood? Maybe, maybe not.

  I would recommend this book to any deep thinkers out there who enjoy picking apart a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment